As part of the project "Summer University" initiated by the canton of Vaud and under the auspices of the Vaud Department of Education , Youth and Culture, the HEIG-VD invites you to participate in the 3rd edition of the Summer University Real-Time Software Development in the form of a cultural and technological exchange with Manipal University of Jaipur (India) during two 2-week sessions.
This exchange is planned as follows:
- a first session to be held in Yverdon-les-Bains, from July 1st, 2019 to July 12th, 2019,
- a second session to be held in Jaipur, India, from February 10, 2020 to February 21, 2020.
- based on your current knowledge, acquire new skills to build an innovative project in the field of image processing and real-time software development,
- working in a multicultural team with Indian students,
- discover the riches of Indian culture,
- share your own culture with our Indian partners.
Who is this program for ?
This Summer University is offered to all second year HEIG-VD students interested in computer science and who wish to further their knowledge in the following areas:
- programming (C, C ++, Python),
- image processing,
- real-time aspects of running a software,
Among the applicants, 8 students will be chosen according to the following selection criteria:
- academic results,
- English level.
The first session is held at HEIG-VD in Yverdon-les-Bains. The second session
It will be proposed in the form of a laboratory work over several days during which the project will be carried out with the help of Professor Pierre BRESSY (HEIG-VD) and Dr. Nania NARANG (MUJ).
The technical and theoretical concepts will be detailed and put into practice by the students (Helvetian-Indian pairs).
is based on the same principle and is held at the MUJ in India.
The DGES and the International Relations Department of the HEIG-VD bear the largest costs (mainly the Geneva-Jaipur A / R flight) for the students of the HEIG-VD. A fee of 300.-CHF is required for each student to participate in the accommodation on site and to cover expenses related to cultural activities. Visa fees for entering India (approx 150.-CHF), vaccinations and personal expenses are also the responsibility of the student. IMPORTANT
: your commitment to this program requires mandatory participation in both sessions. Why participate ?
Your participation to this project is a unique opportunity to discover India from a new angle and will allow you to:
- to carry out an applied research and development project,
- to deepen your skills,
- to discover a new culture,
- to develop new relationships,
- to obtain 4 ECTS credits,
- to remember an unforgettable trip ...
In collaboration with Indian students, you will work in pairs on a real-time image processing project.
The proposed subject will be approached according to 2 axes in order to allow all the participants to understand the mechanisms necessary for the realization of the project:
- algorithmic axis: presentation of the theoretical aspects, modeling in Python,
- practical axis: implementation of the model on target.
The subject will be presented as a whole and then detailed, point by point, more and more finely. As a result, everyone can appropriate the operation of the algorithms and then perform the coding in a development environment.
Upon the opening of the registrations, each candidate will be able to file a file with the Prof. Pierre BRESSY. This file should contain the following elements:
- a cover letter of one page in English explaining in details your motivations to participate to this program,
- a copy of your passport,
- the commitment letter duly completed.
More specific documents (passports, insurance certificate / repatriation...) will be requested later after the selection phase.
For more information, contact Professor Pierre BRESSY :
Phone: +41 (0)24.557.64.10
Office: C03a - HEIG-VD, route de Cheseaux.